Author Topic: Parking light fault  (Read 5120 times)

GlobalriderTrev

Parking light fault
« on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:08 AM »
I recently replaced my parking light bulb from incandescent 13.5V 5w to LED 12.8 V .5w. After doing this, I got the LAMPF fault on my control panel. I hooked up my GS911 to clear the fault on the control panel, but was not allowed to clear the fault.
Below is the text of the GS911 report.
Is there any reason that I can't clear this??

Fault Codes : 1
|
41789 : Park light malfunction, open-circuit
Currently present : YES
Symptom : No signal or value
Engine warning light (MIL) : NO
Frequency count : 1
Logistic(Healing) count : 40
..Fault Code History :
....Record number : 0
....Odometer : 8755.5 mls
....Battery Voltage : 12.00 V
....Speed : 0.0 mls/h

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Parking light fault
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 03:00:22 AM »
It would help to know the model & year of the machine  ;D

In general terms though where circuits are monitored by an ECU fitting a component with lower or higher current value will generate a fault code, & where a fault code indicates the fault is "currently present" then clearing the code would only generate another fault code until the fault is resolved

GlobalriderTrev

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 03:30:48 PM »
Hello Wayne,

Yes, you are correct. It is an 08 R1200 GSA. Seems like I'll have to put back the incandescent bulb if I want to clear the fault. Since the LED bulb isn't the correct voltage.

Thanks for your reply.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 03:55:16 PM »
Hello Wayne,

Yes, you are correct. It is an 08 R1200 GSA. Seems like I'll have to put back the incandescent bulb if I want to clear the fault. Since the LED bulb isn't the correct voltage.

Thanks for your reply.

It is not a question of the voltage, you state the correct voltages for both, it is a question of the current, you can see that in the wattage difference from 5 watts down to 0.5 watts for the LED ie 10% of the incandescent bulb so current is reduced from 0.4 amps down to 0.04 amps

On many of the modern machines you have to code the dash for LED globes so they dont generate faults
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:00:58 PM by WayneC »