Author Topic: S1000RR RPM rises when releasing the clutch lever  (Read 4813 times)

ptrustfull

S1000RR RPM rises when releasing the clutch lever
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:58:47 PM »
Hello, i have a 2010 S1000RR. When i release the clutch lever the engine RPM rises to the point that the bike starts gaining speed. Braking on the engine is not possible because it feel like the bike gives more RPM than needed. It started after resetting  adaptation values with the gs911. Even after driving several 100's of miles the problem still excist. Help please, it is even dangerous to ride like this. I reset the adaptation values because the bike would sometimes when at idle die. No fault codes. Replaced the TPS (both), cleaned the throttle (which wasn't dirty)

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: S1000RR RPM rises when releasing the clutch lever
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
Did you reset the twistgrip on the bike? If so, did you gently open the throttle to full and then closed it using only the spring in the twistgrip?

Alternatively, you can mail our support team with an autoscan: http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

ptrustfull

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
After resetting to adapatation values i get the notofication to open the twistgrip fully for a few second and to return to start position. After that to go for a test drive and drive in every gear for a few seconds. Also did that

schuppi

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 04:25:42 PM »
Hello

Please change to real time data and look for the measurements of TPS and  twist grip.
Both should be at "zero" while idling, if not >> you will have found the fault :)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more