Author Topic: ESA Calibration How does it work  (Read 4628 times)

MikeAa

ESA Calibration How does it work
« on: January 12, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »
So I have a 2009 r1200gs. The rear shock esa has not been working so i tore into it and determined the hydraulic fluid in the preload pump leaked out into the dust cover area all over the motor and hall sensor. I have since repaired the leak and want to test it on my bike (not installed just wired in) using the GS-911.

My questions are, how does the hall sensor or on board computer know where in the preload process it is? There are no limit switches to touch off to, does it just go all the way out till it stops then back the other way till the same? Where in the pre load position should I be when I hook it up or does it matter? I'm hoping not, but is this a dealer thing to reset the computer? Any help is much appreciated!

MikeAa

Re: ESA Calibration How does it work
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:50:07 PM »
Well, answered my own question......I think. Set the distance to about 1\8" (3mm) of pre-load and plugged it in. It ran down to bottom upon turning key on but once running calibrate it cycled all the way out and back. All error codes are gone. I need to button up the shock and I'll re-install.