Author Topic: Error codes after service  (Read 591 times)

Kortgat

Error codes after service
« on: September 09, 2018, 06:12:35 PM »
Hi  All,

I received three error codes on my XBCO module after my R1200GS LC (2013) was recently serviced. The dealer said they didn't see any codes. Firmware for various modules were updated. The error codes are all present and cannot be cleared:

E5942C: CAN message from SEB timeout (Sensorbox_ID1_Motorrad_2010)
E5942E: CAN message from SEB timeout (Sensorbox_ID4_Motorrad_2010)
E59468: No description for this fault code, please contact support@hexcode.co.za

There are not other codes reported, and I cannot see any bad symptoms.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mornay

• Administrator
Re: Error codes after service
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
Hi,

Send us an email to our helpdesk and we'll get you that missing fault code:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Kortgat

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:10:01 PM »
Thanks, will do.

Marcel Van Colen

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
I have git the exact same errorcodes
Any solution found so far?

Kortgat

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »
Nope, no clue yet.
Been there for quite some time. No apparent symptoms.

schuppi

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »
Hello

E5942C    GM: No CAN message from angular rate sensor
E5942E    GM: No CAN message from sensor box
E59468    GM: No CAN message from angular rate sensor

That's a fault which belongs to the ABS Pro.
Unfortunately I have no description for these.
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Kortgat

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 08:59:30 PM »
Thanks very much. Will discuss it with my dealer.

Alex Bongiovanni

• Never giveup
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 08:02:41 PM »
Hello, has anyone come up with any solution to this problem?
I have a motorcycle here in the workshop and the same problem is presented, contact the support staff, but they have indicated to check for this channel.
thankful
Alex Bongiovanni

www.officinemoto.com.br

Kortgat

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 06:17:24 AM »
No solution yet, but I took my bike to my dealer last weekend. They find NO errors using the official diagnostics system. The error appeared after two things happened:
1. My bike was serviced (was something left disconnected or damaged?)
2. A firmware update was done on most modules

If it was the firmware update that caused it, could it be that the module now reports something in a different manner, and our 911's incorrectly see this as an error? Or is the BMW diagnostic system not up to date enough to recognise this problem?

When did these errors appear for the first time for others that have seen the same?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 01:40:47 AM »
The BMW Dealer system is set to "HideBogusFaults" and "HideUknownFaults" so if there were fault codes planned but not implemented fully or updated firmware in an ECU implements new fault codes the diagnostics system does not recognise the Dealer techs will not see those fault codes

I am aware of an experiment of turning off hiding the display of the Bogus & Unknown faults & the vehicles diagnosed all showed odd faults plus the fault code descriptions were in German even though the diagnostics system was set to English, there was considerable amusement & the configuration was set back to hiding the Bogus & Unknown faults.  ;D

Kortgat

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 06:35:01 AM »
Hmmmm.... interesting.... so are these famous three faults bogus? Certainly looked like unknown to some extent.
I decided not to worry about it, but it is a bit annoying to see constant faults that one cannot resolve.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 10:47:17 AM »
Hmmmm.... interesting.... so are these famous three faults bogus? Certainly looked like unknown to some extent.
I decided not to worry about it, but it is a bit annoying to see constant faults that one cannot resolve.

It is one possibility, I would be printing the autoscan/error codes & lodging a complaint with the Dealer that you are seeing the error codes following the service and firmware updates which you were not getting prior to the update, if you have an autoscan from prior to the service showing which modules were updated and whether the module generating the error codes was updated would reinforce your complaint

Kortgat

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 07:15:42 AM »
I cannot imagine that they will be interested in a complaint based on a tool that they do not endorse. I think we should get a bit more detail on what's happening here before complaining to the dealers. Is there any chance that something in the new firmware update can be misinterpreted by Hexcode?

Mornay

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
The fault codes in question (CAN message timeout...) only started appearing recently. The first occurence of the fault code in question was in April this year. Before that we had no reference for this fault code. I tend to agree with WayneC, the fault code might have come in with a recent software update by the dealer.

Seeing as this fault code cannot be cleared, my suggestion would be to contact the dealer who performed the software update to hear if they had similar complaints, and if there are any future software updates planned to remove the code in question, as it seems to be a false positive.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:14 AM »
I cannot imagine that they will be interested in a complaint based on a tool that they do not endorse. I think we should get a bit more detail on what's happening here before complaining to the dealers. Is there any chance that something in the new firmware update can be misinterpreted by Hexcode?

It is possible the new firmware updates by the Dealer introduced new fault report codes & may require updates in the GS911 software, Hexcode are best to comment on that but at the same time do not hesitate to make the complaint to BMW, BMW are supposed to ensure access to info for 3rd party tool Mfr's under EU rules

BMW attitudes will never change unless complaints are made, here in Oz BMW Oz staff use GS911 & with our sparsely populated country an owner with a GS911 when stranded out on the road can really cut BMW Roadside Assist costs & they know that only too well
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:55:14 AM by WayneC »