Author Topic: Newbie in need of help.  (Read 5031 times)

exopar

• Beta testers
Newbie in need of help.
« on: July 20, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
Newbie in here with a project and in need of help.

Hi there to all.
Have a 2017 Nin-T in the process to be transformed into a serious cafe racer project.
Have installed a complete set of led lights (supplied by the end customer) but have an error message at the dashboard (can bus error).
Been trying the old and well know the trick of attaching resistors (6 Ohm 50W) in order to get can-bus error free result but it is not working as expected.
Is it possible to re-code with GS-911 for led lights?
If not, is there any way to trick the lines in order to get can-bus error free?
Been searching the forum for recoding and what I have read seems to be quite confused in this regards?
Is there any good man that may share knowledge in this regards with this forum?

Kind Regards
Ray Lopez

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: Newbie in need of help.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:24:29 AM »
The GS-911 cannot recode the bike to recognize the lights. The error message will stay as long as the body controller is unhappy with the lights the error message will remain. As for an alternative method to get rid of the error, I'm unsure...

exopar

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:16:34 PM »
AS an experience and in case someone would benefit from it.
We have found that any bulb of 5w at the bike should be triked with 27 Ohm resistor and any 21w bulb with anything greater than 10 Ohm and less than 25 Ohm.
So far, so good no can bus errors and all major bulbs at the bike have been replaced with led light.

Just my 0.2 cents.

e7navy1999

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 05:15:25 PM »
Thank you, your post on ohm resistors was helpful.  I got rid of my expensive BMW OEM fog lamps for chinese LED.  Much brighter...light 4x brighter and 1/10th the power drain