Author Topic: 2015 R1200GSA LED Intermittent Light Issue  (Read 18124 times)

r80 strider

Re: 2015 R1200GSA LED Intermittent Light Issue
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 07:12:52 AM »
"The term LIN BUS can be a little misleading, I notice they now use the term for the wires to the wheel sensors and in another case a single power wire to a component. It seems they want to use the term for anything which does not fit in with other "intelligent" BUS Systems"

Walter ... this is a little disheartening/overwhelming to hear. I"m pretty sure I'm going to have to run down things wire by wire so I'm in for a challenge. When I think of the time involved in this process I think I just might fork over the money for a different ZFE (XBCO) controller once I check the connectors more thoroughly. If the new ZFE doesn't fix the issues I'm going to have to go wire by wire.

I've thought of bringing it to a dealer to read the codes but from the information I've gathered I don't have a lot of faith that they could diagnose the issue any more clearly than my current understanding. It doesn't appear, when it comes to controllers or wiring looms, they have a more precise way of determining what the actual issue is.

I think time away from this issue will be good for me. As I've said electric issues stretch my ability to think logically after spending significant time with them.

"The "Battery not OK" is normal.  Tested both my wifes 2015 GSA LC and that of a client this morning and on both bikes TPS work fine and display the pressures but the "Battery not OK" is present on both bikes.  I suspect you may actually have a slow leak on one of the tyres.  What are the displayed pressures?"

Guy ... I rescanned the RDC Controller this morning for real time values (which I will attach below) and got different values. The displayed pressures on the dash were 30 psi front, 33 psi rear (warning flashing). Actual pressure was 34 psi front 36 psi rear.

I'm leaving this until I return. I've notated psi reading this morning and will recheck upon my return. The batteries did read Ok on my morning reading.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:16:57 AM by r80 strider »

r80 strider

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 07:15:07 AM »
Won't let me post image ... so I'll take that up on my return.

GS Jim

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 02:21:45 AM »
I believe when you look at your tire pressures in real time values it gives a uncorrected (actual) value and also a temperature reading and as Jughead says the battery is "Not OK" seems normal, but on bikes like the F700 is actually does tell you that the pressure is uncorrected and the batteries are OK along with temperature, why it is like this on the F and not the R I don't know, maybe Hexcode has a reason/answer.

r80 strider

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 03:02:03 PM »
Value for pressures were the same, but showed no fault. The battery state was different in that it showed batteries OK in current reading.

Away from the bike until next Monday when I will renew my efforts.

r80 strider

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »
I'm back from out of town and hope to continue diagnosis this week. Work is keeping me extra busy and I will again be out of town most of June so this weeks investigation might be it for a while.

r80 strider

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »
Well I was back from out of town when I got called away again. I'm now home and will continue my investigations. When I know something the community will know.

I won't leave the subject without some kind of conclusion.

r80 strider

Re: 2015 R1200GSA LED Intermittent Light Issue !!! Update !!!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 11:29:56 PM »
I continued my investigations today. To make a long story short there was evidently a problem with the interface at the ZFE ECU. I had to more thoroughly look at it which necessitated removing a lot more of the bike to get to it. It's funny that BMW hasn't learned its lesson about batteries and electronics.

I am an Airhead rider, as most can probably tell from my moniker. From early on BMW has made it difficult to get at electronics and batteries on their bikes (you used to have to split the sub frame from the bike or remove an incredibly difficult air box to remove the battery). I'm sorry to say the availability of the ZFE ECU coincides with that philosophy.

I won't bore you with the details but I finally got to the ZFE and disconnected it, blew out both male and female connectors, plugged it back in, put everything back together enough to go for a ride and NO FAULT CODES and everything worked on a pretty extended ride. I will reassemble the bike tomorrow more fully for a more extensive ride/test. I'm hopeful after today's ride that I have resolution.

I get back to the forum tomorrow with an update.

Best ... Dave
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:33:22 PM by r80 strider »

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 02:42:05 AM »
Good to hear you may have a solution, I have noticed on other models a little dirt in the low power device connections can cause problems

r80 strider

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 02:54:41 AM »
Today got away from me ... plan on working on it tomorrow.

PanzerRider

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 11:26:02 PM »
I also have most of those same codes Dave had.  I did a water crossing on my 2015 R1200GSA and got water in my headlight.  Now it does not work.

Put my GS911 on with my laptop and these are the codes I get.

E58C00 No LIN message (from LED-EVG)
The fault is currently present.
E58C01 No LIN message (status from LED-EVG)
E58C02 No LIN message (voltage from LED-EVG)
E58C03 No LIN message (status from LED-EVG)
800EF3 LED-EVG short circuit ***not for K48***
The fault is not present now.
800E8E Tail light / Brake light open circuit
800EBF LED-EVG, invalid software version
800ECD Button for heated grips
800ED5 LED-EVG light, invalid serial number
800ED7 LED-EVG Low-beam NTC invalid

I am wondering if I get a new headlamp it will fix it or do I need something else also with these codes? They are difficult to decipher