Author Topic: GS-911 wi-fi adapter: After firmware update the application doesn’t open up  (Read 7152 times)

Erics1000s

Are there any changes in the GS-911 wi-fi capabilities in connection to its new firmware?

My situation:
Whithout any adjustments/changes in my own wireless local net, I cant get my GS911 to operate as before. After I installed onto my bikes interface/plug It now actually gets connection after a while to my wi-fi. I do see the indicators go green and the “beep” to confirm its connected. Still – the GS application won´t open up as before in my Ipad (IOS) - same thing occurs in trying my Android smartphone (Samsung S7)… the app just won´t open/function as it used to do.

This seems to have started after the last firmware update (~feb 2018) I do seek your assistance or any tips or information to resolve my problem. And to secure my GS-911 wi-fi actually is working I connected it via USB to my laptop without any problems. Mind you, I do like the wireless utility as it makes the process in my garage SO much easier so I prefer not to use my laptop for my bikes.

Looking forward to any response or information here.

Sincerely

/Eric Hulth
Stockholm, Sweden

WayneC

• Beta testers
A little more info would be needed to assist, for instance your bike model, what firmware you previously had and what firmware version you now have

The last WiFi firmware update was in mid December to datapack 137, I would suggest you log a fault ticket with Hexcode

Erics1000s

First – many thanks for response here ;-)

Secondly,
Don’t see what the bike model (K1300s -2010) has to do with it as it has been all ok using mu GS-911 Wi-Fi before(?) My concern is if the firmware update is corrupted in any way?

Now my firmware version is this: 0.254 – 0.154
Base system version is: 0.27–010-2

What FW I had before I don’t know,
I did update it now in early February and when now needed it doesn’t open up the application and (to me) seems to take much longer time to connect to my Wi-Fi.

Trying to eliminate any mismatch in connections I also tried the D2D (device to device) which run perfectly. Based on this I take it I have an unwanted problem after upgrading my FW. But – on the other hand I don’t think I alone will be the only one facing problems after upgrading so…. based on that maybe some other GS911 Wi-Fi owners also have a story to tell here ???

/Eric

Erics1000s

Well,
Sometimes it takes a more skilled person than yourself to resolve challenges within the wi-fi & IT area…..!

Describing my GS911 problem with my fellow neighbor (and BMW F800 owner) he came back after some short testing with a new wi-fi analyzer app, scanning my location and devices using wi-fi in my sourroundings. He recommended me to switch channels for the 2,4Ghz band in my router as he stated “there are too many devices/wi-fi nets operating - and using the same channel as you are”.

Ok, as he operates in “IT area” for many years I tried out his suggestion and… voila – my GS911 connected almost instantly to the net and there where now NO problem opening the application.

Lesson learned – to many wi-fi nets using the same (or close) channels you will see problems coming your way.

So – case closed and again thanks for your input here

/Eric

WayneC

• Beta testers
Pleased to hear the problem is resolved and that it is someone other than myself resolving a WiFi network problem, that is part of my IT/Telcomms  day job and yes interference between WiFi networks is a rapidly expanding area of problems reported to regulatory authorities around the world

Re knowing the bike model and firmware version, it was equally possible that there was a timing issue in the updated firmware for the protocol used on your particular model in the updated firmware, that is an issue that has arisen on a couple of occasions and the reason for recent updates in the PC application.