Author Topic: Hi from northern England  (Read 4982 times)

Tony M

Hi from northern England
« on: December 02, 2017, 06:37:57 PM »
Hello all!

Had my 2008 R1200RT for just over 5 years now.  I've been riding since 1969 (ish), and the RT is my third BMW (had a K100 around 1990, then R100RS around 1994).  Quite a few other bikes along the way .  .  .

I was disappointed to discover all the maintenance aspects of the RT that needed a diagnostic tool, and (after giving the local dealership a good deal of support over the last few years) I've finally decided to take the plunge on a GS-911 and getting back to doing my own maintenance.  It should arrive in a few days.

We'll see how it goes from there, I guess!

Cheers,

Tony

mike d

Re: Hi from northern England
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »
Hi Tony,

It's a bit late now, but The BMW Club UK have the latest GS_911 WiFi tool in the Tool Hire facility.

The GS-911 WiFi is invaluable for the later machines. You have made a wise choice.

Mike

Tony M

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »
Thanks for that, Mike - I'd seen something about the hire facility, but it wasn't clear (to me, anyway) whether it was a national availability, or applied to one of the regional branches - I think the info I found related to a branch "down south".

It doesn't matter now - I have the tool and can now look after the beast to my own satisfaction.

It arrived yesterday, btw.  The relevant software is installed and working on all available computers/tablets/phones.  Ran an autoscan (just to prove it all worked) and all was well.  There are a couple of old faults to clear off, and I'll have a "clean" baseline to work from.

All the best,

Tony

mike d

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 01:34:01 AM »
Hi Tony,

Glad you have your new device up and running.

With regard to the tool hire facility, it is a nationwide service open to fully paid up members. (I am the Tool Hire secretary).

Mike

Tony M

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »
Mike,

Thanks for the clarification - good to know.

Cheers,

Tony