Author Topic: Data file question...  (Read 8079 times)

Sunchaser

Data file question...
« on: December 02, 2017, 12:19:59 AM »
I'm not very familiar with the GS, I have only used it once on my S1000R.  The Laptop I was using had a motherboard failure and I had to replace it.  I have reinstalled the Hexcode software on my new Laptop and all seems well.

My question is...  are there data files that I should or can recover from the previous hard drive to bring forward the history of my first service or is that data stored on the GS device?  I have the means to easily access the old HD.

TIA for replies.
2016 S1000R; 2000 ZRX1100 Kaw;
2003 K1200RS (Sold)
I am not a "Biker", I am a "Motorcyclist".

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: Data file question...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »
Are you after the exact date of your first service, or do you want specifics, like exact KM, ODO reading etc?

If you were signed up to HEX Logbook you'd be able to get these details, however I should be able to provide you with a date if you give me an estimated year and month.

Sunchaser

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:51 AM »
Are you after the exact date of your first service, or do you want specifics, like exact KM, ODO reading etc?

No thank you, not necessary, I have the information elsewhere.  Merely trying to understand the tool better.  I have brought forward the file I believe was created at the time of the first service, "gs911-2016-11-26.log" and I will go from there (when I get time) whether it serves a use or not.

Thank you for your reply.
2016 S1000R; 2000 ZRX1100 Kaw;
2003 K1200RS (Sold)
I am not a "Biker", I am a "Motorcyclist".

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 04:39:32 PM »

No thank you, not necessary, I have the information elsewhere.  Merely trying to understand the tool better.  I have brought forward the file I believe was created at the time of the first service, "gs911-2016-11-26.log" and I will go from there (when I get time) whether it serves a use or not.

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry if I am replying too late. That log file you mention is only an application log that we use for troubleshooting if you ever experience any problems. The data file you were looking for is in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\gs911.dat". This stores your autoscans and faultcodes history until it gets uploaded to the server, if you opted-in to backup your motorcycle data.