Author Topic: D2D not working  (Read 7307 times)

DeltaBravo

D2D not working
« on: October 27, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »
Can't get the GS911 to work with my Moto G5+ on D2D.  USB and wi-fi work; my old Moto E2 works in wi-fi and D2D.  The message I get in D2D are:

Webpage at 10.0.0.1 cannot be reached because

net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I've tried reloading, reconnecting, rebooting, etc., but no joy.  What am I doing wrong or missing?  The GS911 even works with my really old Motorola XOOM tablet!  The Moto G5+ is running Android 7.0.

Help!

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:14:57 PM by DeltaBravo »
Dennis

GS Jim

Re: D2D not working
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 01:09:14 AM »
Do you have your phones wifi network set to GS911 _xxxx ?

DeltaBravo

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 03:57:54 AM »
Jim,

Yes, the phone is set in the wi-fi portion of "settings" to the GS911 wi-fi address (GS1 xxx,xxx).  I've also tried going directly to the 10.0.0.1 via D2D but no joy there, either.  I'm truly stumped on this.  I read about the Android 7 Nougat issue, but not sure how to fix anything right now.  My Android is 7.0 (but has been updated since purchase, so probably 7.x.x or some such).

Thanks for the reply. 

Dennis
Dennis

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 05:42:50 AM »
Yea that is all I have, just that a new hook up doesn't have the address in it's memory. I' m a iphone guy ( my wife's old one) so I'm not up on the android, maybe launch a support ticket unless someone else has a tip.

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
Yea that is all I have, just that a new hook up doesn't have the address in it's memory. I' m a iphone guy ( my wife's old one) so I'm not up on the android, maybe launch a support ticket unless someone else has a tip.

Dennis, it'd be best if you log a Support ticket with us:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Our support team will gladly assist you.

DeltaBravo

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 05:08:21 PM »
Well, it's working now!  Apparently when I logged onto the D2D page, I had to tell the phone to stay connected because the GS911 did not have internet access.  My phone was telling me that at the start and I simply ignored it, not knowing that an action was required.  I told it to stay attached and all is well!  8)

Thanks to everyone who responded and tried to help!  :D

Dennis
Dennis