Author Topic: 2011 F800 for advanced functionality!  (Read 6959 times)

Distazo

2011 F800 for advanced functionality!
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:36:57 PM »
 I could not be connected to cloud for advanced functionality with newly registered Wifi gs911 especially for brakes bleeding process, do I require additional Wifi rooter apart from my tablet which I operate as Wifi Hotspot ?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:40:19 PM by Distazo »

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: 2011 F800 for advanced functionality!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »
I suggest sending an email to our support department with your home network setup, as well as the error you are receiving.

http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

If you are using the tablet as a hotspot you should not require a home WiFi router, however if the mobile data signal is too weak on the tablet you might find that accessing service functions to be difficult.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 12:16:42 PM »
I could not be connected to cloud for advanced functionality with newly registered Wifi gs911 especially for brakes bleeding process, do I require additional Wifi rooter apart from my tablet which I operate as Wifi Hotspot ?

Normally tablets and smartphones will only allow one data connection.  Connecting to a Wifi network disables mobile data.  You thus need a PC and the PC application to access cloud services.

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »

Normally tablets and smartphones will only allow one data connection.  Connecting to a Wifi network disables mobile data.  You thus need a PC and the PC application to access cloud services.

If the user only has a tablet to work with, then its not possible to access service functions like Jughead mentioned, however if a laptop/PC/Mac is available to connect to the tablets hotspot, the GS-911wifi can connect to the same hotspot and the user will be able to use cloud functionality from the laptop/PC/Mac.

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 04:44:41 AM »
Some phones have the ability to set up a Personal Hotspot to link WiFi to your cellular data.   However, some cellular carriers charge extra for that service.  If that is the case it may not be available until you subscribe with your carrier.

If you can set up a personal hotspot your phone will become a WiFi access point.  You will have to tell your GS-911 to use the network created by your phone.