Author Topic: Counterfeit Info  (Read 9704 times)

bevhoward

• Rebecca & Beverly, Partners
Counterfeit Info
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »
Looking at the "counterfeit" page, re the statement;

"No barcoded label on the box or GS-911 with the Serial number and production date."

My unit (which was purchased from Hex) does NOT have a serial number or production date anywhere that is visible on the unit.  (the box is long gone)

It has a graphic GS-911 label on the LED side and a www.hex.co.za label on the opposite side plus a "warranty void if seal is removed" sticker across one side seam.

Please be careful that your counterfeit details don't burn early customers who may want transfer their units to other riders when they are too old to keep the rubber side down... as that description is close to describing me.

Beverly Howard

Haakon

Re: Counterfeit Info
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
Hi, "bevhoward"
First, please forgive me if my reply to your problems re bluetooth pairing was less than friendly.- please?
---------------
Every week or so i get email offers to buy a GS911 unit.
Most are "real", a few are counterfeits.
How can a potensiel buyer know what is real?
Or worse, know some GS911`s sold are NOT real?
-----------------
I think the only way is for ALL GS911 owners to warn potentional buyers?
(no, this is NOT a sales or promotion pitch- I just hate seeing peopel buying the counterfeits!)
Haakon
2000 F650-GS

bevhoward

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:04 PM »
How can a potential buyer know what is real?

The page at http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/counterfeit has detailed tips... when buying a new unit, the tips are accurate.

My point is that the unit label statement there does not apply to all valid gs911 units that have been produced by Hex, and that the wording about the label on the above page should make that clear.

Beverly Howard

Haakon

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:02 AM »
Hi, I did not want to start a discussion re this.
I only tried to ask for a clever way to stop the fake units.
Do a Google, Ebay or Amazon search....  :-(
If you do not know Hexcode is the real company you may easily pay for a useless clone of the GS911.
-----------------
"we"- Hexcode and GS911 owners can easily stop counterfeit ads- problem is they pop up with a new adress the same day :-(
So, I see only one way to fight the fakes- warn everyone.
Haakon

2000 F650-GS

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:57:20 AM »
Looking at the "counterfeit" page, re the statement;

"No barcoded label on the box or GS-911 with the Serial number and production date."

My unit (which was purchased from Hex) does NOT have a serial number or production date anywhere that is visible on the unit.  (the box is long gone)

It has a graphic GS-911 label on the LED side and a www.hex.co.za label on the opposite side plus a "warranty void if seal is removed" sticker across one side seam.

Please be careful that your counterfeit details don't burn early customers who may want transfer their units to other riders when they are too old to keep the rubber side down... as that description is close to describing me.

Beverly Howard
This is aimed at New units.  By far, most, if not all clones sold are sold as new GS-911usb Pro devices...

If you buy 2nd hand, look at the registration data (under Help->About or Tools->Setup->[Test interface]) in the Windows PC software... the interface should be registered to the person selling you the interface... if it isn't, insist that they register it first (registration data can be changed free of charge, using the GS-911downloader.
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

bevhoward

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
in the Windows PC software...

Thanks for the response.

However, my post was not about verifying the unit, which, as you point out, requires installing the software and connecting the unit, rather that the information on the page needs to be updated to include your own information, and additional information, that makes it clear that points on that page such as the label descriptions do no apply to all authentic gs911 units sold.

As it stands, if an individual only read the information on that page before purchasing an older unit (and obviously before installing the software and connecting the unit) that information alone would lead the buyer to conclude that many used units were counterfeit.

Beverly Howard