Author Topic: service date  (Read 6409 times)

bmwruss

service date
« on: August 13, 2017, 07:14:52 PM »
This is just a curiosity question. I have a 2016 R1200R. I recently purchased the GS911. Prior to the GS911, under the current settings, the service date on the dash said 12/31/17. I have already reset that date to next August. Had I not purchased the GS911 and reset the date, and not taken it to the dealer, what exactly would have happened to the bike on 12/31/17?

mike d

Re: service date
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »
Fire and brimstone followed by automatic destruction instigated by the BMW mothership :D

Well either that or the service indicator light will be illuminated - no big deal.

Mike

bmwruss

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
I already figured that anyone who purchases a GS911 is destined for an eternal damnation by the BMW Gods.  :(. Thanks for the info. I didn't think it was much. I was almost tempted to ride it up to its service date, just to see what would happen. 

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 02:53:13 AM »
Also after the already mentioned disasters the service info ( dates, kilometerage etc) will block the dash for a period of time every time you start the bike which is a real pain especially after fueling when you want to reset stuff, it is definitely worth the money just to get rid of that, oh and you can do other things to. If you think you are capable of monitoring your own service intervals then you can set dates way in the future, years and tens of thousands of km. It varies between bikes so play with it a bit.