Author Topic: Greetings from the South........Mississippi  (Read 4876 times)

onesaintsfan

Greetings from the South........Mississippi
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »
Debated on this device for some time.  I have owned other BMWs but currently have a 2008 GSA and 2016 S1000R.  My riding buddy has a 2013 GS LC.  He and I debated on going in together on the GS911.  For some time my service indicator has been on the GS but no yellow light. No big deal because I do my own service.  My BMW dealer ( BMW Motorcycles of Baton Rouge) is the best.  But they are two hours away.  So just now the annual service indicator has turned on the S1R.  Well along with it is this big yellow light. Well I have a track day coming up soon and just dont have time to get to my dealer. So that pushed me over the edge.  Have a GS911 on the way. Been watching youtube videos etc and have fair idea on how to use it.  My shop is out of WIFI range but understand that once I download the software onto my PC I dont need to be in range for full functionality from the PC right?   The app on my iPhone is a nice touch. 
But anyway, glad this forum is here.

Big John Hart
McComb MS USA

GS Jim

Re: Greetings from the South........Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:43 AM »
Welcome John, as far as wifi goes you will need it for the full use of the GS911. How far is your shop away from wifi, I use a range extender to give myself better strength in my garage or you could tether off a smart phone or if its just setting service reminders wheel it up to the house as its quick and easy. there are work arounds for that, people will help with advice on the forum so don't hesitate to post.

onesaintsfan

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:35 PM »
Thanks, itvwont be a big deal getting closer to the router.  My shop is just barely out of range but I can manage. So I'll iave to be in WIFI range to reset the service indicator huh?  Oh well , wife might have to get over a motorcycle in the living room for a few minutes haha

mike d

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:09:54 PM »
If you have the PC software downloaded, then you can work directly from the PC via the USB connection and have full functionality - no need to involve a wifi connection.

Mike