Author Topic: 21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed  (Read 9399 times)

M3GS

21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed
« on: May 25, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
Hi,

I just reset the throttle grip sensor on my  2014 1200GSA LC. The procedure completed successfully according to the software. However, I am left with the above fault code -which was NOT pre-existing obviously.

The bike runs and rides perfectly. The fault will not reset. I have tried the procedure 3 times altogether with the same result.

Could it be that there is an undocumented extra step which I have missed perhaps?

Anyhow, advice most appreciated as I am due a 2000 mile trip next week...

Cheers

Roger

M3GS

Re: 21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
OK I put in a support request and sent the logs to Hex Code. No response as yet.

Will update the board if a solution is found. I would really hate to have to take the bike back to BMW...

Thanks

Roger

M3GS

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »
OK this morning I tried a few different things as the issue was really bugging me.

I have successfully removed the fault code by perfoming a clean re-installation of the Windows software and repeating the throttle reset adaptation by connecting this time by WiFi.

I still await response from the guys in SA as my confidence in the device is a little dented right now...

I will leave this here in the hope that it will help someone in the future.  :)

nikmotorrad

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 06:54:22 AM »
Hi there, I'm Nik. Newbies here...

Regarding this grip sensor adaptation issues. Is there any new information on how to overcome the problem on the fault code.

Software that i'm running is with window 10. Same problem happen to me, i cannot clear the fault code. Been doing the adaptation for a few times and the fault code still persist.

Hope for a solution here.

Thank you.

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
Hi Nik,

You're welcome to send our helpdesk an Autoscan of your bike. We'll take a look and see if we can assist you:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

BicesterBob

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 06:15:37 PM »
Hi,

I just reset the throttle grip sensor on my  2014 1200GSA LC. The procedure completed successfully according to the software. However, I am left with the above fault code -which was NOT pre-existing obviously.

The bike runs and rides perfectly. The fault will not reset. I have tried the procedure 3 times altogether with the same result.

Could it be that there is an undocumented extra step which I have missed perhaps?

Anyhow, advice most appreciated as I am due a 2000 mile trip next week...

Cheers

Roger

I'm having the same fault, can anybody give me a resulution please?

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 09:22:05 AM »
Hi BicesterBob

Would you mind sending through an autoscan to our helpdesk so that we can see if we can assist you?
https://www.hexgs911.com/contact-us/

Kind regards
Ruan