Author Topic: Unable to reset service reminders on 2017 R1200RT (ECU not correct for this mot)  (Read 11052 times)

kellenbenz

I have a 2017 R1200RT that just turned 6000 miles. I am using the GS911WiFi but not in the wifi mode....USB to my laptop. I also have the ODB2 cable for the EU4 needs.

When I try to reset the reminders I get an error message that the Engine controller is not correct for this bike. This is a new bike with no modifications.

Are we not going to be able to reset the service on the 2017 RTs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

WayneC

• Beta testers
Firstly is the WiFi firmware up to date and the PC App the latest version ?, if yes to both of the above lodge a support ticket with Hexcode, it is likely a further update is needed in the GS911 App

kellenbenz

Yes the firmware is up to date and the latest software version is installed. When the error message came up, It had me send a log file in. I hope that will start a ticket on the problem.

Thanks,

Ron

WayneC

• Beta testers
Lodge a support ticket as well, there have been some firmware updates on the K001 models so further updates to GS911 PC App will be coming

kellenbenz

I finally found the link to the help desk and will send it there.

Thank you,

Ron

Mornay

• Beta testers
The reason you are getting that message is due to the software not fully supporting the latest 2017 EU4 models yet. Rest assured that we are hard at work getting all the required info and writing the software for the EU4 bikes, and we will notify everyone on our News page (http://www.hexcode.co.za/news) when these models are officially supported. For those of you who are asking "Do I need a new GS-911 for the latest EU4 bikes?", the answer is no, if you have a GS-911wifi you will be able to use your device after receiving the software update, provided you have the OBDII adapter...

kellenbenz

Coming up on 12,000 miles now.......tick tock tick tock

kellenbenz

Thanks guys for the update and the email advising me of it. Working great on my 2017 R1200RT now. Just got back from a 4700 mile trip and finally not looking at the service light at 21000 miles.

Ron