Author Topic: Connecting to my iPhone 7  (Read 5913 times)

firemanst13

Connecting to my iPhone 7
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
I don't know what I am doing, I can't get my phone to find my gs-911, what am I doing wrong, and this might already be posted, I even messed the post up

GS Jim

Re: Connecting to my iPhone 7
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:58:14 PM »
It's OK we are all here to help, take a deep breath. Make sure you have the app installed, then plug GS911(wifi?) in to bike, set GS911 to D2D, switch to wifi network GS911 on settings wifi, enter 10.0.0.1 in browser window and should hook up. I did this from memory but I have this list in my phone in notes in case I am in "the field" and can't remember it.

firemanst13

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »
I still am not having any luck connected to my phone. I don't even know what this D2D is, where it is at, or how to change it.

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:28:58 PM »
Review this guide

http://dl2.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/download/gs-911wifi_quick_start_guide_201407.pdf

What bike, GS911 and what pc do you use? Try to always include all relevant info when posting as it cuts down on a lot of back and forth.
D2D stands for devise to devise, push the mode button on the end of GS911 wifi to toggle between D2D (waves pointing at each other) and infrastructure mode (waves pointing away from each other)
Don't worry you will get this thing running. Repost even if successful.

GS Jim

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
Check out this page also

http://www.hexcode.co.za/video

firemanst13

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 09:43:55 PM »
OK, I think I got it, I could not switch to D2D just by pressing that button, but my phone sees it now. Wow never had that much trouble with something like this. If I am away from my home, and I don't have internet, will it run off my phone? I hope it never happens but say I get a fault, I will just say rear tail light because I have got several faults on it, will I be able to reset it with just my phone if my phone is not connected to internet, sorry I keep asking more than likely questions that are answered somewhere else but I have not had any luck finding my questions either, thanks everyone

GS Jim

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »
Yes you can reset faults without internet by using your phone, you can't do all the things that connecting it to a pc and using the internet allows you to. Read and view the links I sent and it should give you a better understanding of all the capabilities it has.
Using the button on the end is how you switch between modes, you need to go to infrastructure mode to use it when plugged in to a pc, give it a few seconds after pushing the button.