Author Topic: f800r  (Read 7360 times)

Terrable Rider

f800r
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:41:24 AM »
Hi
Ive moved this from the intro section to here in hopes of a response.
Any help would be appreciated.

My problem now is my Partners F800R and it's gear indicator potentiometer.
Intially the gear number display started changing erratically while riding in one gear, that is while riding in 4th. 5th, or 6th it would randomly display 4, 5,or 6 as you rode.
I did an adaptation reset for the gear potentiometer and that cured it for a short period but then got worse again.
I did some research and came to the conclusion that the pot was faulty. I installed a new one and did the reset and relearn procedure.
As I rode back from the calibration run the display was stable and the bike ran fine. When I did a read out of the values for the gear positions I found their values reversed from the required values, meaning instead of the voltage values rising with the gear number the new values became lesser or declined with each higher gear.
My question is will these reversed values affect the way the ecu calculates the engine running out puts? Or shall I ignore it as the bike seems to run fine.
Does any one have a theory as to the cause of the reversal? The wire colours match with the old unit. I havent done a ohm check as I dont really know what values I should get.
Any help would be appreciated
Regards

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: f800r
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:18:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum, afraid I am not a lot of use with the F800, I would need to look at a wiring diagram

What I do know is we have seen some wiring color reversals in manufacture on some of the sub harnesses shared between models, side stand switch comes to mind as one. That sounds like what you are seeing. Any decent software engineer would write the calibration firmware routine in the ECU to handle either increasing resistance or decreasing resistance for gear position so I would not be concerned. I would also have expected the Dash rather than the Engine ECU to be the one with the routine but as I said at the start I would need to look at a wiring diagram

Terrable Rider

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:32:45 AM »
Hi Wayne
Thanks for your reply
Since the last go round with the F800r Ive done the diagnostics and adaption resets on a 2006 K1200S.
The Bike definitely runs smoother but the readouts are the same as the F800R that is the values are being read as decreasing instead of increasing.
I'm wondering if this is a bug in the latest updates for the 911.
The last time I actually used the 911 was before Christmas and all values were as they should be on the F800R.
Could it be that the latest updates cause the 911 to interpet the values inversely?
Regards

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 01:59:44 AM »
So, is the dash reading out the correct gear on the F800?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 03:06:42 AM »
Hi Wayne
Thanks for your reply
Since the last go round with the F800r Ive done the diagnostics and adaption resets on a 2006 K1200S.
The Bike definitely runs smoother but the readouts are the same as the F800R that is the values are being read as decreasing instead of increasing.
The last time I actually used the 911 was before Christmas and all values were as they should be on the F800R.
Could it be that the latest updates cause the 911 to interpet the values inversely?
Regards
Yes it would theoretically be possible for the displayed values to be inverted, that would only be what is displayed though since the right gears are shown in the dash, I would suggest you lodge a support ticket with Hexcode and see what they say

Terrable Rider

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
So, is the dash reading out the correct gear on the F800?
Hi Jim
Yes the right gears are displayed on the dash.
Regards

Terrable Rider

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
Hi Wayne
Thanks for your reply
Regards
Yes it would theoretically be possible for the displayed values to be inverted, that would only be what is displayed though since the right gears are shown in the dash, I would suggest you lodge a support ticket with Hexcode and see what they say
Thanks Wayne
I'll do that.
Regards