Author Topic: Rebound Adjustment  (Read 5588 times)

Synt

Rebound Adjustment
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
Can you calibrate rebound setting for the different modes?
For example, I would like to have more rebound retention on the back shock in the Normal position.
Sport position is OK, but front also increses rebound retention.
Can you post a tutorial of how to do?
Also the screen adjustment.
Thanks

GS Jim

Re: Rebound Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »
Hello Synt, we are going to have to know what bike this is and any other info that would be relevant. If you have non ESA then there is usually a rebound adjuster on the bottom of the shock but ESA does not have this adjuster as far as i have ever seen. On ESA you can set preload independent of damping so you can tailor the settings some that way.

Synt

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:55:07 PM »
Forgot to detail the esential info.
Its a K1600 GT 2016 with ESA.
Spring preload is OK, I would like to know if you can adjust more retention to the shock absorber.
Thanks

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »
Sport position is the more damping position. You have two adjustments, preload and damping. When you set the preload the damping will change also, on my R1200 GS I can also change the damping independently to fine tune the ride and as far as I know you can also. If running one up with luggage for example you can select sport for more rebound damping but it affects both ends.
On a recent tour on a R1200 RS the rear seemed low and I was grounding out in corners and the rebound too fast so I set it to two "helmets" even though I was solo with luggage and increased the damping to dynamic and it made a big difference.
Try changing preload to the next highest setting and then play with the damping and see if that cleans it up for you or set damping to the next level. The dynamic esa should react differently depending on settings.  There should also be ride height calibration in the gs911 settings check if they are zero when the wheels are off the ground when in real time values.