Author Topic: Dowloader Utility Won't work with new laptop  (Read 9150 times)

drysideshooter

Dowloader Utility Won't work with new laptop
« on: February 05, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »
I recently upgraded laptops.  My old laptop that I ran the GS911 software on was running Vista Business.  The new laptop is running Windows 10. When I download the Windows Downloader Utility and run the .exe the window that normally opens up that tells you to connect the GS911 shows up very briefly and then disappears. 

I have tried running it in compatibility mode for Vista, Windows 7, 8, etc.  The new laptop has a high end graphics card (GTX 1060) and I've turned it off and tried it with onboard graphics instead, and tried different screen resolutions.  I've deleted and re-downloaded the downloader utility several times.  Nothing has worked.  The window opens up and then quickly goes away.

I opened the software on my older laptop yesterday and hooked up the GS911 and updated things, so I know everything else seemed to be working.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the downloader utility isn't working?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Alexm1

Re: Dowloader Utility Won't work with new laptop
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »
It is a while since I loaded mine but I recall I had to be logged into the laptop as administrator for it to work, try that.
Alex

drysideshooter

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:23:37 PM »
Thanks Alexm1.  I am logged in as administrator.  I have also right clicked the .exe in the downloads folder and selected run as administrator and no luck.  The window appears very briefly and is gone.  I've tried everything I can think of with no change is the results. I've emailed the folks at Hex Code an am hoping they can point me in the right direction.

Alexm1

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 11:43:06 PM »
Good luck! I have been using w10 for 12 months so I can confirm that it works but have no more suggestions.
Alex