Author Topic: Another ABS problem  (Read 28087 times)

ManxGS

Re: Another ABS problem
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
I presume you are using electronics to get tacho working or you upadted computers with non-abs one with some rewiring.
Do you have anything left from complete units?
The complete unit stays on the bike. The control unit within the ABS pump is needed to supply signals to the dash for the speedo to work and also for turn signal auto cancel.    I do however have a complete second hand one I purchased to try and see if that would work. I did not so its for sale if you wish.
Life is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson after

mopedi

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 11:26:29 AM »
You have second unit for sale. It would be perfect if you can send me values of pressure sensors and readout of module errors wit ECU info.  Where are you coming from? What would be the price for unit?
You can connect this spare unit to your R1200GS and read informations by GS911 by following steps:
1. remove + lead from battery
2. remove fuel tank
3. Disconnect ABS electronic cable and connect it to spare abs unit
4. connect + lead to battery
Note: if spare abs unit is coming from another R1200GS than you may expect just short start of both abs motors (about 1 second). If spare unit is defect or ECU NOT coded to R1200GS than you may expect both motors running continuously once you switch on ignition. Please not that brake fluid will come out at abs wheel connectors while motors are running and if any brake fluid was left in abs unit.
5. connect gs911 to your bike, turn on ignition and read ABS unit data

To connect your own abs unit following steps 4, 3, 2 and 1 with oposite functions as explained in steps.

ManxGS

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
You have second unit for sale. It would be perfect if you can send me values of pressure sensors and readout of module errors wit ECU info.  Where are you coming from? What would be the price for unit?
You can connect this spare unit to your R1200GS and read informations by GS911 by following steps:
1. remove + lead from battery
2. remove fuel tank
3. Disconnect ABS electronic cable and connect it to spare abs unit
4. connect + lead to battery
Note: if spare abs unit is coming from another R1200GS than you may expect just short start of both abs motors (about 1 second). If spare unit is defect or ECU NOT coded to R1200GS than you may expect both motors running continuously once you switch on ignition. Please not that brake fluid will come out at abs wheel connectors while motors are running and if any brake fluid was left in abs unit.
5. connect gs911 to your bike, turn on ignition and read ABS unit data

To connect your own abs unit following steps 4, 3, 2 and 1 with oposite functions as explained in steps.

You can make me an offer for the unit :)    I'm really happy with the setup I've got now so I'm not going to go through pulling the bike apart again to get those readings I'm afraid.  PM me if youd like some more details, pictures postage etc.

mopedi

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
I can not give you an offer without knowing its mentioned report. Without report I would  assume its bad and  with bad status the  price range would be in 100eur+shipping costs.

ManxGS

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
I can not give you an offer without knowing its mentioned report. Without report I would  assume its bad and  with bad status the  price range would be in 100eur+shipping costs.
I've sent you a private message.

Valentin

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 09:27:33 PM »
Hello to everybody !
I have a trouble without ending with my abs . I have K1200RS made in later of 2001. I change abs with other from BMW R1100S from 2005, wich model have same ABS pump and electronic board.
I do, bleeding secvence, and I connect battery. The trouble is:
When I turn the engine key switch the electric motor make a self control. But, don't stop. Electric motor for rear part still continue work. The front part servo work ok. When I use front breake the noise from electric and servo work ok. The rear electric motor noise don't stop, and the intonation of it don't change when I push levier for rear break.

Maybe someone from you can help me with any information about this.
Thank you very much, and sorry for my poor englese,

mopedi

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »
Valentin, just to clarify your configuration, you have K1200RS with servo type of ABS so called iABS. As you mentioned "I change abs with other from BMW R1100S from 2005, wich model have same ABS pump and electronic board."
What do you mean by replacing K1200RS ABS with R1100S ABS?
There are at least two big differences:
- K1200RS ABS modulator is mounted vertically while R1100S is mounted horizontal so bleeding ports are different as well as braking fluid reservoirs. Bleeding process will not be successful with horizontal modulator being mounted vertically and you have to replace oil reservoirs too.
- electronics are differently coded which will result in permanent servo motor running when ignition is on - probably your case?!
It would be the best if you can get GS911 tool and send me/us report (memory readout and reading of pressure sensors) with original K1200RS ABS and original R1100S ABS than I can guide you with some steps .

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 09:04:20 AM »
Hello to everybody !
I have a trouble without ending with my abs . I have K1200RS made in later of 2001. I change abs with other from BMW R1100S from 2005, wich model have same ABS pump and electronic board.
I do, bleeding secvence, and I connect battery. The trouble is:
When I turn the engine key switch the electric motor make a self control. But, don't stop. Electric motor for rear part still continue work. The front part servo work ok. When I use front breake the noise from electric and servo work ok. The rear electric motor noise don't stop, and the intonation of it don't change when I push levier for rear break.

Maybe someone from you can help me with any information about this.
Thank you very much, and sorry for my poor englese,

You need to take your bike to a BMW dealer.  They will "marry" the ABS to the bike.  Without doing that, the ABS will NOT work.