Author Topic: TB Sync idle actuator lock  (Read 8928 times)

Dann

TB Sync idle actuator lock
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
I just did a TB sync on my 07RT

I used my GS-911 to lock the idle actuators before proceeding to to the TB sync.

According to this tech library post https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?47344-HEXHEAD-CAMHEAD-Tech-Walkthrough-Using-a-GS-911-for-basic-scheduled-service-tasks there should be an "OK" button to press in the GS-911 software to send an "unlock" command to the ZFE after the TB sync has been completed.

Now we're actually ready to do the TB sync, and we'll lock the idle actuators to a fixed and matched position.

Choose the "Engine Synchronization" menu item on the BMS-K/Engine Computer screen.
    Make sure you follow the listed steps before pressing the button (e.g., the engine has been warmed up, but before pressing the button, you've set the bike ignition on but the engine is not running.)
    Push the "Lock Idle Actuators"button.
    Zero the calibration on your Twinmax per the recommended procedure.
    Start the bike up again and go adjust the TB sync with your TwinMax.
    When you complete the TB sync procedure, you should click OK on the dialog to let the software know you've completed the process. Also, do not turn off the bike until told to do so. This allows the GS-911 to issue the "unlock" command to the idle actuators.

I have a GS-911 WI-FI with the latest software/firmware upgrades and the is no "OK" button there. the only option is to lock the idle actuators again.
In the article they use the yellow version of the GS-911 and obviously an older software version.

Am I missing something?

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
Re: TB Sync idle actuator lock
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:20:13 PM »
It sounds like you may have encountered a new problem with changes we made to the software. Will you please submit a support request to the helpdesk (http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1) and send your application logs for the past week from the Tools -> Send logs menu.

Is it possible for you to try the function from the GS-911wifi web interface, either with the mobile app or the web browser on your computer?

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »
I have a GS-911 WI-FI with the latest software/firmware upgrades and the is no "OK" button there. the only option is to lock the idle actuators again.

A new version (V1701.1) has just been released that should resolve the problem with the engine sync function. Please do a check for updates from the about window, and let us know if that works for you.

Ghiribizzo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »
I'll need to check this tomorrow carefully. Long day today... couldn't find how to do sync after installing the latest update last week.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loud tyres save lives...

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:07:55 AM »
I'll need to check this tomorrow carefully. Long day today... couldn't find how to do sync after installing the latest update last week.

I am copying my reply to your other topic here for reference  (http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,1576.0.html):

The user interface layout changed a little bit in the most recent software release. You'll find the engine sync function under the Service Functions menu item for the engine controller. Look in the BMSK calibrations function group.