Author Topic: Got GS911 wifi today now what??  (Read 5952 times)

bmwdude317

Got GS911 wifi today now what??
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:09:38 AM »
I connected the unit to my pc and downloaded the latest firmware. Connected to my wifi network and installed Android software on my cell phone.
I connected the device per the instructions but Autoscan is grayed out on my screen. I see an owners manual for the GS911 w/o wifi but none for mine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just bought 2016 S1000rr with 50 miles on it and I want to unlock the rev limiter.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Got GS911 wifi today now what??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:54:53 AM »
Congrats on the bike and purchasing the GS911, whan you say "connected as per instructions" perhaps some more detail may be in order

I did not notice you mentioning downloading and installing the PC software

To check the GS911 connects I would try connection via USB to PC and bike then use the PC Software to confirm hardware all OK then move to checking WiFi operation via a web browser

bmwdude317

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:34:55 AM »
Thanks for your response. I had installed the PC software too. Once I clicked on the registration button on my computer it started working.
Is there a users manual for the wifi version?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:51:42 AM »
OK understood re installing the PC software, I assume you mean that Autoscan is now active following registration

Re manual for WiFi, I have never needed one, it is pretty straight forward driving it on screen when in WiFi mode

One thing to keep in mind with the WiFi version is you have 2 tools in one, a conventional GS911 when used via USB and PC software providing the intelligence and then operation via WiFi using the combination of inbuilt software bolstered by the cloud services