Author Topic: EZ Can question  (Read 9744 times)

hammick

EZ Can question
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:04:25 PM »
Hi Stephan.  I have an EZcan on the way from Beemershop.  Couple questions.

Do the aux light outputs use pulse width modulation (PWM) for the dimming function?  If so, I may use one of those channels for my heated vest.  Would be great to change the heat setting using the wonderwheel.  I don't plan to add additional lights to my '17 GSA at this time.

Can the USB port be used for charging a phone or is just a data port for programming the unit?

Do you plan to make the channels more configurable in the future?  For example the ability to reassign the light channels to be separate aux channels to run heated gear or other accessories?

Thanks.

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
Re: EZ Can question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:41:53 AM »
Yes, the outputs on the ezCAN use PWM for setting the brightness of lights. Of course, this won't apply to an output that is configured for a horn.

We do plan to make more channel configuration options available in future, so please send us your requirements so that they can be considered when making those decisions. It would be best to use the contact details on the ezCAN web site: http://hexezcan.com/contact/

When you receive your unit, you'll notice it does not have a USB connector to which you can attach your phone. The USB is only used to configure the ezCAN settings, yes. :) In principle, the accessory output on the ezCAN can be used to charge your phone, but you'll need to connect an appropriate electrical interface. For example, you can wire a car cigarette lighter socket to the ezCAN output and plug in a car USB charger.

fredaroony

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:25:41 AM »
Yes, the outputs on the ezCAN use PWM for setting the brightness of lights. Of course, this won't apply to an output that is configured for a horn.

We do plan to make more channel configuration options available in future, so please send us your requirements so that they can be considered when making those decisions. It would be best to use the contact details on the ezCAN web site: http://hexezcan.com/contact/

When you receive your unit, you'll notice it does not have a USB connector to which you can attach your phone. The USB is only used to configure the ezCAN settings, yes. :) In principle, the accessory output on the ezCAN can be used to charge your phone, but you'll need to connect an appropriate electrical interface. For example, you can wire a car cigarette lighter socket to the ezCAN output and plug in a car USB charger.

I used the contact details on the website twice and got no response. I worked it out myself once the ezcan turned up.

Great product but would have been nice to get a reply.

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »
I used the contact details on the website twice and got no response. I worked it out myself once the ezcan turned up.

I think there are a fair number of emails to process from the holidays and currently our CEO is handling ezCAN requests directly, so we appreciate your patience. :) Feature requests are welcomed, but we shall probably only respond if we need more information about such a request. It won't be possible to say immediately if a feature will be implemented, because many factors need to be taken into account.

fredaroony

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

I think there are a fair number of emails to process from the holidays and currently our CEO is handling ezCAN requests directly, so we appreciate your patience. :) Feature requests are welcomed, but we shall probably only respond if we need more information about such a request. It won't be possible to say immediately if a feature will be implemented, because many factors need to be taken into account.

First one was on the 20th of December and the second was on the 3rd of January. I have been quite patient :)

I emailed asking a question regarding the horn connection but I worked it out once it arrived.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
First one was on the 20th of December and the second was on the 3rd of January. I have been quite patient :)

I emailed asking a question regarding the horn connection but I worked it out once it arrived.

hi Chris,

apologies for that! after Francois told me about the thread I had a look and still could not find your mails... eventually I searched the SPAM and sure enough there they were...  ;-(

however that should be sorted as we now have a HelpDesk Ticketing system assigned to the mails on the ContactUs page.. so NOTHING can get lost and more people have access to answering them!

Sincerest apologies again...
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

fredaroony

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 10:54:08 PM »

hi Chris,

apologies for that! after Francois told me about the thread I had a look and still could not find your mails... eventually I searched the SPAM and sure enough there they were...  ;-(

however that should be sorted as we now have a HelpDesk Ticketing system assigned to the mails on the ContactUs page.. so NOTHING can get lost and more people have access to answering them!

Sincerest apologies again...
Stephan

Hi Stephen,

No problem and I was quite happy the horn worked the way I expected it to. I will send an email with an enhancement request now.

Great product by the way.

Thanks,

Chris