Author Topic: New Installation  (Read 5949 times)

Lofty

New Installation
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:36:27 PM »
Hi all,

I've just purchased a second hand GS911 Blu which I intend using with my Samsung Galaxy 5 on which I've downloaded the App from the Google Play store. Having just received the GS911 I'm not sure how to register it as I only have Mac's which the downloader won't work on.

I also recall somewhere reading that you should establish communications via bluetooth with the GS911 before connecting it to the bike but that would presumably involve a USB supply to power the unit.

If I can achieve everything straight away (including updating the software on the GS911 if needed) simply by plugging it into the bike and setting up a link from there then I'll get on with it but I'm keen to understand the registration requirements.

Whilst I'm sure 99% of this is covered in the many threads on this forum I'd be grateful for any advice to get me up and running.

Regards,

Mark

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New Installation
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:44:15 AM »
Welcome to the asylum, it would be worthwhile indicating what machine you are intending using the GS911 with

Firstly you dont need to pair the GS911 with the bike prior to connecting it

Secondly if you only have MACs then you would be best setting up parallels or VMWare player to run a Windows virtual machine to take advantage of the PC app and use the down loader to get the updated software as well as register the unit

Lofty

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 11:38:51 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to be running the GS911 on my R1200GSA ..

I will probably borrow my son's laptop to get the system configured and rely on the Samsung handheld for out on the road. A bit of a cumbersome approach but probably more pragmatic.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »
The handheld will be good out on the road, look around for a WinXP VM for parallels or VMPlayer, you will find it a good move