Author Topic: 2011 - R1200r K27 - Code 23971 -Rear Wheel Speed Sensor : Signal implausible  (Read 5941 times)

R1200rme

In July on  a trip I experienced intermittent ABS lights blinking in the display but after a couple of re-starts these went away and bike performed as expected. Since the trip I've purchased a GS-911 unit and performed a scan of the various computers, the Code 23971 Rear Wheel Speed Sensor : Signal implausible was registered two times, I assumed from the trip.

I've since performed a 40k services changing all fluids and the like and on a ride today the ABS lights were again flashing, and the speedometer had stopped working; when I scanned this code popped up again. I removed the rear wheel sensor, cleaned it as I did not remove it during the 40km service, there was a little debris on it but nothing that appeared major. Ive also unplugged the sensor at the computer interface cleaned the contacts with CRC electric cleaner and took it for another ride. The lights continued to blink and not complete ABS checkout, speedometer still inoperative, however this time no codes registered with the GS-911. I checked the resistance of the speed sensor at the plug and got 12.35 megohms, I believe this to indicate a faulty sensor. Do folks with more knowledge concur with this or have I possibly missed a vital step in diagnosis?

R1200rme

I have replaced the sensor and the ABS and speedometer are functioning again, appears fixed.