Author Topic: ABS Power supply to pump motor faulty  (Read 6476 times)

nabucodynosor

ABS Power supply to pump motor faulty
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »
Hello all,

The abs on my R1200R (2007) was refurbished two time (firstly by ECU testing and secondly by himself) and now it doesn't work again. If I type gently with an hammer on the ABS bloc it works again (engine not running) but as soon as the engine is running it doesn't work again - fault codes are 2048 and 2049.
The pump motor voltage in relation with The fault code 2049 is about 2.54V instead about 0V.
As I don't know the electric diagram of the power supply of the pump motor, I don't understand what happen and I doubt the brushes of the motor are involved and I ask me if a semi conductor could be the cause.
Someone could explain to me how is the electric circuit of the power supply of the pump and how is made the measurement of its voltage.

Thank you in advance for all your lights.

Jean-claude

schuppi

Re: ABS Power supply to pump motor faulty
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 10:05:09 AM »
I'll try it.

Hi Claude

There is a sensing resistor in the electric circuit of of the power supply for pump motor.
If the brushes sticks, the voltage flows of  by the resistor, which will be measured with the displayed 2,54V
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

nabucodynosor

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 12:37:05 PM »
Hi wolfgang,

Thank you for your reply.
Do you know the reason why the brushes stick ?
Have a good day.

Jean-Claude

schuppi

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:00:39 PM »
Hi Claude,
not really 8)

But I did this repair just two times by opening the housings of the brushes.
Additional I raised the contact pressure of the springs by extracting them slowly.

Hope this helps
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

nabucodynosor

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 10:22:46 PM »
Hi wolfgang,

I disassembled the pump, cleaned the coals, reassembled everything and the ABS fault has disappeared. Until when ?
I wonder if the problem is not the coals housing which are in stamped steel and folded and thus deformable. As they are fixed on a deformable plastic flange it is probable that it is sufficient to pinch coal. This possibility is compounded by the fact that the engine develops high torque to actuate the pump pistons.
Finally we'll see.

Jean-Claude