Author Topic: Error Messages  (Read 17644 times)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Error Messages
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 04:45:23 AM »
Well guys, my patience is running thin and I am getting a little more than just a bit pi$$ed at this device.

• It works perfectly using the USB cable - no error messages, not a single one.
  • It works perfectly using the GS-911 Utility in WiFi mode and Open browser for selected feature - no error messages, not a single one.
  • I get countless error messages when using the GS-911 program in WiFi mode.

You only use the PC App when connected via USB, the error messages in point 3 above are because you are attempting to use the PC App and have the responses come back via WiFi, it does not work that way, that is the reason you are getting the errors
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:51:38 AM by WayneC »

BMWRGS

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 03:34:50 PM »
Well guys, my patience is running thin and I am getting a little more than just a bit pi$$ed at this device.

• It works perfectly using the USB cable - no error messages, not a single one.
  • It works perfectly using the GS-911 Utility in WiFi mode and Open browser for selected feature - no error messages, not a single one.
  • I get countless error messages when using the GS-911 program in WiFi mode.

You only use the PC App when connected via USB, the error messages in point 3 above are because you are attempting to use the PC App and have the responses come back via WiFi, it does not work that way, that is the reason you are getting the errors

Obviously not the case since I am accessing Controllers, and performing an AutoScan the odd time.

Furthermore, if you weren't supposed to access the GS-911 via WiFi when using the program, it would not let you pick WiFi, COM or USB when in Tools and Setup.

There IS an issue with the unit or the program.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 04:36:26 PM »
There is no problem with your GS911 WiFi

I am afraid you are still misunderstanding the product, what you are trying to do in using the PC app via WiFi is not the way the product is designed.
There is no problem with your GS911 as your own posts clearly show

"It works perfectly using the USB cable - no error messages, not a single one."

Correct, the PC App is designed to work only via USB with either GS911 WiFi or the earlier GS911 versions

"It works perfectly in WiFi mode and Open browser for selected feature - no error messages, not a single one."

Correct it is designed to only use the browser to work with it in WiFi mode, the functionality (the App if you like) is provided by the firmware internal to the GS911 WiFi with maintenance functionality via the cloud

"I get countless error messages when using the GS-911 program in WiFi mode."

Correct, the PC App does not work over WiFi connection it is not designed to work that way nor should it be designed to operate that way, it is pointless to do so as it only allows for Windows PC's

The WiFi Utility has several functions

1/ Perform initial set ups including configuring the PC App to use USB
2/ To aid people in finding the GS911 WiFi where they have not set up reserved or fixed IP No's
3/ To perform firmware updates while the GS911 is connected via USB
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:40:01 PM by WayneC »

BMWRGS

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 05:03:00 AM »
I am afraid you are still misunderstanding the product, what you are trying to do in using the PC app via WiFi is not the way the product is designed.

If that were true, then they would not publish this. Read it carefully.

Furthermore, what would be the point to including a WiFi circuit if it could not be used with your PC software.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:36:47 PM by BMWRGS »

BMWRGS

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 04:38:06 PM »
I guess everyone is stumped at this point.

No further suggestions?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 05:19:24 PM »
No, not at all

I went back and took a look at the settings in the latest version of the PC App and I was wrong, you were right the IP capability is there, shows how long it is since I looked at the settings in the PC App.

I had an ECU on the test bench for testing/repair so I used PC App on IP for the testing and it works but I dont like the delay in real time values IP gives as per other similar diagnostics systems which operate over TCP/IP. I did not bother with the search to configure the IP No I simply entered it into the PC App config.

I then moved the GS911 onto a main more loaded network I have so the PC App operated to the GS911 through a gateway and it worked but the more loaded network does have an effect on real time data with some delays and running a few big downloads through the main link while also doing diags generated some time outs etc which does not surprise me and I would not adopt it for normal operation and testing

Since you proved the USB PC App operated error free and using the web interface operated error free your GS911 is fine, there is no problem with it
and any errors you have will be associated with router configuration

The one thing I did not have time to investigate is whether changing from USB to IP config using the WiFi utility changes the PC App config to IP, that would have involved in pulling out another PC which time has simply not permitted