Author Topic: How to download log file while connected to USB  (Read 6296 times)

hotrabbitsoup

How to download log file while connected to USB
« on: August 01, 2016, 03:50:22 PM »
Hi guys,  I've been having fun playing with my GS911 and have run into a bit of a problem.   I can generate and download logs through the GS911 browser interface but not through the GS911 utility installed on windows 10.   It seems like the only way to grab the file is over the wifi connection (through browser) as I cannot see anything is the actual PC utility that lets me access the logs.

Is this right or have I overlooked something?

Thank you !!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: How to download log file while connected to USB
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:04:27 AM »
I get caught out by that at times, with the PC software, save the log file to hard disk at the start of logging then you will have it

hotrabbitsoup

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »
WayneC, thanks for the reply.   The log file is stored on the gs911.   I think I just have to continue using the browser interface to download the logs.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 07:01:26 PM »
A log file is only stored on the GS911 if you use the WiFi interface, when you use the PC interface it is stored via the PC App on the PC if you save it

hotrabbitsoup

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 08:31:37 PM »
thanks again,  I'm logging while riding so must store on the gs911.    I was looking for anohter way to pull the log file off the device after it was removed from the bike and hooked up to a computer through USB.