Author Topic: Problems with firmware update [SOLVED]  (Read 14293 times)

txtinman

Re: Problems with firmware update [SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2020, 04:41:24 PM »

I tried using the web interface again. The update option was grayed out before. This time it was not and I clicked on it. It failed with a file extraction error message, but the USB connection did not drop. I tried four times before the update was successful. I can't explain why the USB kept dropping. Maybe the folks at HEXCode can tell me.

Microsoft has had USB printer problems in an update recently which has caused some grief, I would not be surprised if it extended beyond printers

I assume you do have USB power savings turned off, that has also been problematic in Win10

This is another good reason to port the application to Linux :)

Mike
Mike White
GS911 WIFI Enthusiast
2015 BMW R1200GSLC

txtinman

Re: Problems with firmware update [SOLVED]
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2020, 09:15:54 PM »
I couldn't find any log files so I used the send logs function under the tools menu.
Found your logs, thanks. You have missing/problematic Windows USB drivers.
Wayne is most likely on the right path as to why this is the case, but if you have reason to believe your installation might have been corrupted you could reinstall the GS-911 PC application.
Your logs indicate a failure to load ftd2xx.dll which we ship in the USBDrv directories that should be located in your install directory. If they are missing, it's best to reinstall before considering a system restore or Windows troubleshooting.

Well I verified that file was there, but I re-installed anyway. Of course I can't test it because the software is up-to-date. Guess I'll find out next time.

Mike
Mike White
GS911 WIFI Enthusiast
2015 BMW R1200GSLC