Author Topic: Resetting SERVICE Alert  (Read 7856 times)

jwhitfield

Resetting SERVICE Alert
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:55:19 AM »
I've just spent several hours getting everything connected and working.

I've done the scan and have a few 'faults' that I'd like to deal with but cannot find any meaningful instructions on the web-site. 

I'd be thrilled if someone could tell me how to reset the SERVICE ALARM.

Thanks - Jim

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Resetting SERVICE Alert
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:35:03 AM »
What is the bike model, the version of GS911 and software version ?, for anyone to be able to assist you a little more detail is needed

jwhitfield

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 03:50:26 AM »
Sorry..  Still learning...

I have a GS-911 wifi.  I think the software version is 31,C.  And I'm trying to work on my 2011 K1600GT.  I can get info off the bike - I just cannot find how to send to it.

First I'd like to reset the SERVICE KMS then deal with the faults.

Thanks - Jim

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 04:24:23 AM »
Jim, OK, no worries we all have to learn at some point so no need to apologise

Since you seem unaware of the firmware version in the GS911 it suggests you did not do an update of firmware when you first received it. The firmware version is shown in the "about" page on the WiFi interface or in one of the screens when you first connect it via USB and install the PC software

Can you confirm you installed the WiFi utility, downloaded and installed the PC software and configured the unit into your WiFi network ?

The Firmare and PC Software versions are as per the info below

GS-911 version: 1603.1 Datapack version: 4.1
Firmware version: 0.247-0.137 Datapack version: 0.124

jwhitfield

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »
Okay - got it  :)   

Firmware Version 0.247 - 0.137
Datapack Version 124

I did do the firnware update and I' sure the software is loaded on my Samsung and my laptop.  The laptop is how I did the firmware up date.   Ive done the Autoscan and got the results.  I just can't see where to make changes to the bike.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

BTW I'm in Canada.  Where are you?  I have a sense based on your wording but don't want to guess wrong and potentially offend you ;-)

jwhitfield

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »
Forgot to mention  that my VIN doesn't show up when I go to 'VIN usage'

Does that give a clue?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 03:14:49 AM »
Ah, we live upside down here in Oz, we dont offend easily down under. Good to see you did the firmware update

The VIN will only be registered into the GS911 after you go into maintenance functions when using either the PC App or the Cloud Services, the basic auto scan, real time logging and read/clear fault codes are unlimited VIN functions

It sounds like you may have only loaded the WiFi utility on the PC not the PC App which has the Service Reset and other detailed maintenance functions

With the GS911 WiFi look at it as 2 tools in one, when using the WiFi interface it uses it's own internal code bolstered by Cloud Services, when you connect via USB and use the PC App it is a "dumb" pass through just like the traditional GS911 with the intelligence in the PC App

jwhitfield

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 12:22:35 AM »
You ARE correct!!    Good on ya mate!

Although I had downloaded the APP I had not installed it.    Problem solved and service kms reset.  Also played a bit and got all FAULTS resolved.  There were 3 - two of which had been reset by the bike and the third by me.

Thanks again eh!   (That's a bit of Canuck humour)

If you're ever up this way let me know.  You'd have a place to stay in a very beautiful part of the world - we live by the Canadian Rockies in BC

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 02:54:04 AM »
Good to hear, it is often the simple things we forget to do  ;D

The next step for you is to work out how to is configure the GS911 to connect to your phone WiFi Hot Spot to use Cloud Services maintenance functions

That should keep you busy for a while  ;D, it is handy to be able to access the functions out on the road and better to learn at home in comfort
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:05:44 AM by WayneC »