Author Topic: Sidestand Switch 1 & 2 & Calculated  (Read 7276 times)

NZRalphy

Sidestand Switch 1 & 2 & Calculated
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
Hi Guys

I have a fault on my BMW 2008 R1200GSA and I have my GS911 plugged in to fault find.

Via real time values - Sidestand switch is working ok (and I check with another switch), clutch switch is working ok, gear position is showing correct gears. However when I put the bike into gear the engine cuts out as though I didn’t pull the clutch or the side stand is down.

When i go to the real time values page I can see there are three Sidestand Switches - 1 & 2 & Calculated. 

When i move the side stand, and Sidestand Switch 1 shows retracted or extended as per movement.

Sidestand switch 2 remains extended no mater what I do and I assume this is why the sidestand switch Calculated remains extended.

What am i missing? How do I get SSS 2 to change status

Thanks,  Ralph

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
Re: Sidestand Switch 1 & 2 & Calculated
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 03:02:02 AM »
I believe it is the same physical switch.   The schematic shows three wires to the switch in a Single Pole Double Throw configuration.   When the sidestand is moved the bike should see one throw open and the other throw close.   I haven't a clue why BMW does it that way.

To verify your switch is bad unplug the switch from the harness and jumper between pins 1 and 3 at the connector going toward the BMS-K.   The bike should start.