Deutsch > R Serie

GS 1150 Adventure Model 2003

(1/2) > >>

kjhunt:
Good morning one and all. OK this is going to sound like a silly question, but never mind. I have a GS1150 Adventure bought 2003. I need to change the front brake pads along with bleeding the system. My question is how do you remove the brake pads? I have taken out the safety clip but can see no way to remove the retaining pin as only one side is "open" and it cannot be pushed through from the other side of the calliper as there is no hole.
I have included some pictures. The rear brake no problem.
Any answers please would be grateful.
Many thanks Ken Hunt.
PS seems the pictures could not be sent, sorry

schuppi:
Good morning.

Different VIN >> different ABS >> different calipers!!

• Remove the brake caliper.
• Remove keeper from retaining pin (1).
• Drive out the retaining pin (1) from the wheel side.
• Remove brake pads by pulling downwards.

retaining pin maybe one to turn out with a "torx screw driver" or one to hammering out.

kjhunt:
Hello there and thank you for your reply. I am hoping I can send some pictures of the brake calliper as the illustrations you used are not what I have on my bike. I have looked at the retaining pin and there is no sign that it can be unscrew as its just a flat surface at the end. As for pushing the pin out from the other side of the -calliper that too cannot be done as there is no hole there for me to use anything to push the pin through. So how its removed I have no idea. If the picture gets through to you, one is of the side of the calliper which shows where the pin was pushed in, and the other is the top of the calliper showing a f
different "spring" on top that has a small screw at each end to hold it in place. Removing the safety clip was where the spring rises up with a small hump and it was to one side.
Ken..

Jughead:
Hi Ken

As far as I can remember, the metal spring plate that is held on by the two small screws is what hods the pin in place.  Remove the plate, and the pin can just be slid out of the way to release the pads.

schuppi:
YES Jughead that is right. good job :)

Built after 09/2002 EVO Brake with Integral ABS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version