Author Topic: Known issue  (Read 6805 times)

Paul Hoffmann

Known issue
« on: January 13, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »
The known issue for TC models below says the solution is to reset and relearn all adaption values.  Could a knowledgable person out there show me where the procedure for this is.

"On R1200 Twincam models, after doing a Idle Actuator Calibration, once the engine is started, the idle is very rough. The solution is to do a "Reset All Adaptations Values" (and remember to follow the re-learn procedure afterwards).  Once you have experienced this, please do an AutoScan and send us the AutoScan.  Then take your motorcycle to BMW and ask them to update the Engine Control Unit's software... Once updated, do another AutoScan and send it to us please."

Many thanks in advance

Paul

After I posted the first question I have found where to reset and relearn but I still have a rough running engine, does anybody have any other points for me to look at, once again thanks in advance.

Paul
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:44:35 PM by Paul Hoffmann »

schuppi

Re: Known issue
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
"I still have a rough running engine"

Hi Paul,
so I think that was the reason why you did  "Reset All Adaptations Values" .
First: there wasnt any fault registered in the DME?  Otherwise, out of idling, your bike runs good? OK.
Second: rough idling without fault entry > maybe throttle is blocked, cant close (idling regulation out of order), adaption of closed throttle didnt work, throttle cable blocked, channel for idling intakes are dirty.

If all measurements are right, including correct checked sychronisation, you performed the "Reset" and adapted these, by GS911 shown values,
the DME didnt store new adaptions.

Thats what hexcode mentioned above, please do an Auto-Scan, visit your dealer, ask for update the DME and do another AutoScan and send it to
hexcode.

The reason is a faulty ECU-Software ;)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Paul Hoffmann

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:22:37 PM »
Hi Schuppi

Thanks for the reply.
I did the reset and relearn of the adaption values a second time because they did not store the first time.
On test riding the bike it seems all well now.
I will take an autoscan and send it on a ticket to Hexcode.  I am not back in the UK until May so will not see a dealer until then but will send an autoscan after a visit to them.
I was in the UK, without bike at Xmas and spoke to the dealer about updating the ECU software, when I told him what bike year etc he said he did not think the ECU software had been updated since I last had it done in the 2nd quarter of 2014.
If this is the case can I assume that the rough running problem is cured by resetting and relearning of the values?
Many thanks for your help and I await your reply.

Paul

schuppi

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 05:52:56 PM »
Hi Paul,

if there exist a update, I think this will fix it :) :)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Paul Hoffmann

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »
Hi Schuppi
Thanks for the help, could I ask one last question?
If there is no update for my bike do I assume that the resetting and relearning is the fix?
Cheers
Paul

schuppi

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:56:57 AM »
Hi Paul

Adaption can fix some problems in a defined range. If this regulation comes to end of range, ECU will set a fault entry.
Remember, there are components like ignition coils not monitored by the ECU.
And allways, best results of regulation with faultless mechanism.

Please look for terms and conditions to do an adaption

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:04:12 AM by schuppi »
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more