Author Topic: New Andriod instalation  (Read 7006 times)

PWe

New Andriod instalation
« on: January 04, 2016, 10:43:20 PM »
Hi, I have installed the Android app onto a Vodafone mobile running 4.4.2. I am able to pair with the GS911 (although it does ask for a passcode, I guessed 000 and it appears to have worked) and I get the opening screen detailing preferences, ie distance units, logging etc, but I can't do anything after this. No options to chose bike model number etc.
Can someone help and advise where I may be going wrong? Could do with some "mobile app" instructions.

Thanks, looking forward to doing some logging test runs!!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New Andriod instalation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:20:16 AM »
I vaguely recall some one else having a similar problem in one of the threads here but cant recall the solution, suggest lodging a support ticket so Hexcode are aware of it http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

PWe

Re: New Andriod installation (now working)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:51 AM »
Looks like I sorted it.
stopped and restarted the app without any joy so went to the Google Play site with the idea to download the app again. The site (obviously) said the app was already installed and gave me the option to open it, bingo it now works and opens from the original icon on the home screen.
All works well, did a quick check on TPS and OK.

I wasn't expecting a great deal of info from the Auto scan (the bike being so old) but was surprised at just how little there is. No worries, its the logging I'm initially interested in.

Now, if I can find out the maximum torque figure of a R1200GS LC I could post this reply !

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New Andriod instalation
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 12:57:47 PM »
Good to hear you have it sorted, bluetooth can be a pain to set up

The Autoscan does look basic for the 650GS particularly when there is no ABS but it does show you are on the latest/best firmware version so the Dealer's at least did that part properly

You will fInd the real time logging, fault codes and component testing is where the real benefits of the GS911 are