Author Topic: Logging real-time data  (Read 10608 times)

hefy_jefy

Logging real-time data
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:55:08 AM »
So using my iPad I can set up the GS911 to log data to the memory card.
Lets say I connect the Gs-911 to the bike before going for a ride, does the iPad need to remain connected in order for the logging to continue while on the road?  Or can I leave the iPad behind?
Geoff

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Logging real-time data
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:39:47 AM »
If you are referring to the GS911 WiFi, no the iPad does not need to remain connected, it is set and forget, for a year or so if you wish

hefy_jefy

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 05:40:53 AM »
OK - thanks!
Yes this is the GS-911 WiFi
Geoff

ejschulz

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:43:45 PM »
Geoff
How do you have it set to save to a memory card? I just started using GS-911WIFI wifi and want to track realtime data but can't get it to save so I can view. Can you help?

Thanks
Ed

hefy_jefy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:00:55 PM »
Hi,
I don't remember the exact details but once you start the process (select all) as I recall it just happens, then you download the files to your PC - I think they are .CSV files so can open in Excel and make plots etc.
I will make a note of the exact steps and get back to you,
Geoff

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 02:02:32 AM »
There is a tick box for "save to SD Card" on the page to start logging

hefy_jefy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 04:37:26 AM »
Geoff
How do you have it set to save to a memory card? I just started using GS-911WIFI wifi and want to track realtime data but can't get it to save so I can view. Can you help?

Thanks
Ed

So I just did this, once you have the values displayed in real-time, just check the box "Log to memory card" and "Display Values" and the GS-911 will create .CSV files on its internal memory, don't forget to click "Stop Logging" to close the file.
You can then connect the GS-911 to a USB port  on your PC and run the GS-911 Wifi Utility.
After opening the browser for selected device one of the options is "View Log History"
Right click and chose "Save Link As" to create a .CSV file on your PC.
These are semi-colon delimited files so read them in Excel and create graphs...

No idea how much memory the GS-911 has but the files are only a few 100 K so probably can log quite a lot.

Geoff

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 05:30:42 AM »
The logging will continue through ignition on/off cycles and there is enough capacity in the SD card to log for over a year, you do not need to remember to use the stop logging button, it will stop logging when VBatt is removed. ie when you unplug it, the file will still be there with the logging

You can also retrieve the file from the Web Interface, look at the home page and you will see the logging menu item